About Murphy Maize Days: The 14th annual event, Murphy Maize Days, is a FREE festival open to all. The festival will be held on October 7, 2023, at Murphy Central Park (550 N. Murphy Road Murphy, TX 75094) from 12pm- 9:45pm. The daylong POP-ular event features several attractions including our Maize Midway which will include small carnival rides and games, face painting, gelly ball, inflatables and more for kids to enjoy, a classic car show, touch-a-truck, trackless train, a petting zoo, Punkin’ Chunkin’, Maize Market and a variety of food vendors. Live music and local entertainment will be performed throughout the day and will feature headliner, Who’s Bad: A Michael Jackson Tribute, at 8pm with a Fireworks show at 9:30pm to close the festival.
WHERE DO I PARK?
HOW DO I GET THERE?
- Directions from Dallas:
- Take US 75 N towards McKinney.
- Exit 28A Towards Plano Pkwy.
- Turn Right onto E Plano Pkwy.
- Continue E Plano Pkwy to FM 544.
- Turn left onto N Murphy Rd.
- Arrive at the destination on the right (Murphy Central Park) 550 N Murphy Rd.
- Directions from Allen:
- Head East on E McDermott Drive.
- Continue to E Main Street (2.5 miles).
- Turn Right onto FM 2551 / Angel Parkway (3.1 miles).
- Take Left at the light onto FM 2551/Parker.
- Take Right onto FM 2551/Hogge Road/N Murphy Road (2.6 miles).
- The destination will be on the Left, Murphy Central Park, 550 N Murphy Rd.
WHAT CAN I BRING?
Dogs are allowed, but please be responsible and have your dog on a leash, pick up after your furry friend, and bring water for your dog to stay hydrated. Coolers are allowed, however outside alcohol and anything in a glass bottle are NOT permitted! Also, blankets and chairs to sit at in the amphitheater for the concert are allowed. We just ask that you be mindful of the people around you and do not set up any tents that will obstruct the view of others. We encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated!
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE FIREWORKS?
Fireworks will begin approximately at 9:30 pm, weather permitting, and will last for about 15 minutes. Fireworks will be shot off by the Central Park Pond. Bridge access to the park from the Preserve will be blocked due to this area being a hot zone. Please follow all rules and restrictions in this area for safety.
Do you have another question?
Here’s how you can contact us.