A. Application Process.
- Any vendor wishing to participate in Maize Days must submit an application, on a form to be provided by the City, along with the application fee established in the Fee Schedule, at least five (5) business days before the event or until the City has accepted its maximum number of applications.
- The application must contain a detailed description of the items to be sold by the vendor during the event.
- The sale, display, or distribution of any profane, obscene, or indecent (as determined by the City) printed material, photograph, or other items are prohibited. The City reserves the right to deny an application from a vendor who wishes to sell, display, or distribute such materials.
- Applications will be reviewed to determine family appropriateness and to limit the number of similar products being exhibited. Space is limited. Applications will be approved on a first come, first served basis.
- If an application is approved, the City will notify the vendor. The vendor must pick up a Vendor Packet, which includes the vendor parking pass, during the designated time set by City staff. If a vendor cannot attend at the designated time, packets will be available at the Murphy Community Center during open hours or the vendor can contact City staff and arrange for their packet to be mailed to them. Packets must be picked up before the close of business on the Thursday before the festival.
B. Compliance with Laws and Regulations.
- All vendors and shoppers must comply with all City, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Vendors may set up their booths the day before the event (Friday) between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Festival Complex will be patrolled by Murphy PD overnight)
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please do not leave anything unattended or behind on park grounds after festival.
- We highly encourage all vendors to do as much set up on Friday night as possible.
LAST RESORT SET UP TIME IS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH 9:00AM -11:15 AM
- Vendors who choose to set up on Saturday will have a maximum of ten (10) minutes to unload their vehicles in their assigned loading zone. Vehicles parking for an extended period of time will be towed.
- No vendor may block any street with their vehicle.
- No vehicles are allowed on the grass or sidewalk.
- Unloading is done from the designated curb sides; a dolly is recommended and will not be provided.
- Unloading assistance is available first come first serve SATURDAY ONLY.
- Each vendor must supply their own clean tent. The tent must be able to fit within the size of the booth assigned to the vendor. Booths are set up on grass, so vendors should bring appropriate materials, preferably spike stakes, to secure their booth tent.
ALL BOOTH SET UP MUST BE COMPLETE BY 11:35AM
NO VEHICLE ACCESS WILL BE GRANTED AFTER 11:15AM
VEHICLES MUST BE OFF TOM CLEVENGER RD. AT 11:15AM
D. Vendor Parking.
- During the event, vendors must park at the Murphy Municipal Complex parking lot south of the festival or at Tom Kimbrough Stadium, 700 North Murphy Road.
- Vendor parking is on a first come, first served basis. No vehicles will be granted access to the vendor parking area without a parking pass.
- VENDORS WILL ONLY RECEIVE ONE VENDOR UNLOADING/ LOADING PASS for Saturday morning unloading. (Vendor parking is only guaranteed until 11:30am. Everyone else will need to park in open parking or at Tom Kimbrough Stadium or in any designated open parking space.)
- Parking on grass is prohibited.
- Vendors must follow all regular traffic laws including, speed limits, no parking zones, etc.
- IMPORTANT: Vendor packets will be available for pick up during the vendor meeting. Please plan to come and pick up your vendor packet during the designated meeting time in September. If you cannot make the meeting it will be pre-recorded for you to view after and you can pick up the packet at the Murphy Community Center during open hours (Mon-Thurs 8:30am-9pm, Fri 2pm-9pm and Sat 10am-4pm). The Community Center will be closed for setup on Friday, September 22nd. Passes must be picked up by Thursday, September 21st.
- If you cannot pick up your packet, please notify event staff ASAP so we can mail it out to you. The mail out deadline is Monday, September 20, 2023.
- Additional parking is located at Tom Kimbrough Stadium 700 North Murphy Road. Shuttles will be running to and from this offsite parking location beginning at 12:00PM.
You may NOT park on the festival grounds at any time during the event.
E. Festival Eligibility & Rules
No electricity is provided for market vendors. Only battery-operated generators are acceptable. Gas generators are strictly prohibited.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their area clean. Trash should be disposed of properly and walkways shall remain clear.
- All vendor/booth representatives must be present at booth from 11:45am-7:00pm.
- Vendors selling order-based products must have at least 50% of their booth occupied by their product.
- All informational vendors must provide an activity and/or raffle throughout the day.
- Only the types of items listed in the application may be offered for sale on the day of the event. Any attempt by a vendor to sell any other type of item that was not listed on the application is cause for the City to revoke its approval of the vendor’s application, without a refund, and request that the vendor immediately vacate the premises.
Festival provides only the space, all else is to be provided by vendor.
Vulgar/ offensive or profanity items are strictly prohibited at your booth, on your merchandise, or on promotional giveaways. (This is a family-friendly event).
F. Tear Down.
- Vendors must keep their booths open until 7:00 p.m.
- Once a vendor’s booth is disassembled, the vendor must obtain permission from the vendor attendant to bring the vendor’s vehicle into loading area.
- Vehicles will not be allowed in the loading area before 7:15 p.m.
No early breakdown. Maize Market officially closes at 7:00 p.m.
- This section applies only to market vendors. This section does not apply to food vendors.
Section 3. Penalty. Any person, firm, or corporation intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly violating any term or provision of this Ordinance shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be subject to a penalty of fine not to exceed the amount of Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000) for each offense. Every day a violation continues shall constitute a separate offense.